For the best Pilates for beginners company, call Cara McGrath Pilates.
The Story Of Bill W, founder of AA, reaching out to those suffering.
Friends of Billw, Bill w, AA, alcoholism, addiction, recovery, disease,Life story of Billw
To find the best pilates for beginners company, click here for Cara McGrath Pilates.
Regardless of whether one believes alcoholism and addictions are diseases or not (It is a shame we are still having this argument in the 21st century), they are real problems for millions of people and millions upon millions of families around the world all through the year. But holiday seasons and other times of personal tragedy and importance such as the death of a loved one, a divorce date, etc seem to spur the dependence as well as the craving for self medication and chemically induced euphoria.read more
For the best Online Pilates company, call Cara McGrath Pilates. ”
Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease. This article gives 7 clear steps that can be taken to manage the condition and reduce its impact on your child.
asthma, childhood asthma, child asthma, Kane
To find the best Online Pilates company, click here for Cara McGrath Pilates.
Asthma is the most common chronic (long-term) childhood disease. In America about nine million children are diagnosed with asthma. Up to ten per cent of children in Europe are also suffering from asthma symptoms. Unfortunately parents of these children are often uninformed about the various ways to control childhood asthma.read more
For the best Pilates Mat company, call Cara McGrath Pilates.
As with all aspects of life, there are urban myths about skin care. However, for the most part, these myths are not true, though some have a grain of truth to them.
stress and anxiety, skin infections
To find the best Pilates Mat company, click here for Cara McGrath Pilates.
Proper skin care is one of those things that more and more people are embracing nowadays, particularly because of the media campaign that subconsciously pushes people to be more beautiful. However, as with anything of this sort, not all the information one needs to know is actually known by the general public. In such situations, the general public tends to develop “knowledge” of its own, which are easily dismissed as myths and urban legends by medical experts. Here are a few of the more common myths.read more
From saving money to improving your credit score, there are many benefits to consolidating student loans. Here are the top ten reasons why you should streamline these debts.
1. Peace of mind
Have you had sleepless nights worrying about whether or not you can afford to pay your bills? By consolidating your student loans, you can save up to 60% on monthly payments.
2. Lock in a low interest rate
By organising your Federal student loan consolidation before June 30th of this year, you can take advantage of the current low interest rate of 4.7 percent. As well, you will secure this interest rate for the life of the loan, so you won’t have to worry about a rate increase.
3. Streamline your payments
Have you racked up multiple loans with varying amounts over the course of your time in school? It can be confusing to keep track of all of the bills. For the best Maths Tutor In Ireland company, call Ace Solution Books. When you consolidate, you will simplify your life by only having to pay one amount to one lender.
To further simplify your bill paying, sign up for auto-pay at the time of the consolidation, and you can save yourself the cost of a stamp and the time it takes to write a check. The lender will simply deduct the amount from your bank account on a regular schedule. Most lenders provide a discount for borrowers who sign up for auto-pay.
5. Improve your credit score
When you consolidate, the new lender will pay off your existing student loans. This process of loan payment, along with reducing the number of outstanding loans will improve your credit score. And, don’t worry if you don’t currently have stellar credit. Because your loans are guaranteed by the U.S. government, your credit score won’t be checked as part of the application process.
6. Help your parents
Did your parents borrow money to help pay for your education? They, too, can consolidate their PLUS loans and lock in the current interest rate.
7. “On Time” payment discount
Like auto-pay, lenders reward borrowers with an interest rate discount for paying on time for a certain period (usually 36 months). Make sure to ask your lender about discounts when you apply for a loan consolidation
8. Forbear or defer
Once you have consolidated, you will retain these Federal borrowing privileges.
9. Financial Savvy
Maybe you weren’t a straight “A” student, but everyone will think that you’re a financial genius when you tell them what you are saving on your student loan consolidation.
10. Get out of default status
You can stop the harassing phone calls or wage garnishments by consolidating loans that are in default and get back on track with your financial status.
For the best Pilates Mat company, call Cara McGrath Pilates.
The custom of tanning is highly popular among western societies. Recent studies from several sources have come up with reasons to discourage the practice of tanning as it runs the risk of the person getting cancer. This is because the tanning method actively damages the DNA of the individual and causes mutations to occur in the cells of the individual. Besides this risk, tanning also leads to a blocking of the body’s natural anti- depressants and thus runs the increased risk …read more
Here comes Halloween… and the start of the “season of feasting” for a lot of folks around here.
It’s become a sort of time-honored “tradition” for Americans to put on weight between Halloween and New Year’s Day. Some would even say it’s to be expected — “After all, it’s the holidays!”, they say.
Now, I love the holidays. And I bet you do too. Who wouldn’t love all the great treats and wonderful foods that just seem to spring up around us during the holiday season, right?
But don’t you just hate it when you step on the scales after the holidays, and discover you’ve put on weight?
Fret not, for I’m here to show you how you can have fun during the holidays and enjoy all your favorite holiday treats, _without_ putting on any extra pounds.
Here are 7 Simple Weight Loss Feasting Tips for the Holiday Season…
1. Give yourself permission – Go ahead and eat anything you want during the holiday season. Halloween, Christmas, New Year’s, it doesn’t matter. Yes, you can have all your favorite foods. Isn’t it refreshing to know that you don’t have to abstain from your perennial favorites? You see, we tend to want more of what we cannot have. The more you try to stop yourself from eating something, the more you want to eat it. And when you do give in to the temptation, you’ll tend to overeat. Here’s the secret: It’s not “all or nothing”. Have anything you want, as long as you remember not to go overboard and consume too much.
2. Be clear of your goals – There must be a reason why you want to keep your weight down. If you don’t already have a reason, now’s the time to sit down and think of as many as possible. This step is critical if you want to be able to enjoy your holidays and maintain your weight throughout. You need to be crystal-clear about your “Why”. Why do you want to lose weight? How would you feel if you end up putting on weight? Conversely, how would you feel if you can go through the holidays and yet maintain your current weight? Think about these questions carefully, and build up your arsenal of “reasons why”. The next time you are tempted to overeat, recall these reasons again and they’ll help you to stay in control.
3. Have a little of everything – Remember how it’s not “all or nothing”? The secret to enjoying all the great food without the subsequent guilt is to have a little of everything. Just remember to control your serving portion sizes. You have permission to eat all kinds of food, but this doesn’t mean you can go out there and devour extra- large portions of everything with super-generous gravy toppings, ok?
4. Be careful of the little nibbles – Sometimes, it’s not the big-time party or pig-out feasting session that causes you to gain weight. On the contrary, it’s exactly the opposite — it’s the little candy and chocolate bar that you pick up to nibble on, everything time you open the fridge or walk past the office candy bowl. All these little snacks in between meal times can (and will!) add up to a lot of extra calories. This sneaky little problem is something that has caught many women off-guard. And now that you know this, it’s easy to catch yourself in the act the next time it happens to you!
5. Be smart – They’re certainly trying, but don’t be fooled by the retailers and their fancy packaging and labels. Have you noticed a lot of the packaging now screams out phrases such “fewer calories”, “low fat”, “less sugar”, “low carb” and etc? Whilst all these claims are true, it does NOT mean you can eat more and have bigger portions. Remember: “fewer/low/less” doesn’t mean “Zero/None/Without”. Also, it’s pretty usual that when something comes with less of one thing, it has more of the other stuff e.g. lower carb, but more calories.
6. Use the healthier versions – Many of the sweets and treats offer you a choice of healthier versions. So when you can, please do opt for the low-calorie, reduced sugar, or lower fat varieties.
7. Choose the right chocolate – And if you must have chocolate, please go for dark chocolate and avoid the milk chocolate. By far, dark chocolate is the best choice as it has antioxidant properties that can protect the body from damaging oxidative stress. So there you have it, consuming a moderate amount of dark chocolates is actually healthy for you!
So, who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too?
Copyright 2005 Tracy Lee
For the best Pilates for beginners company, call Cara McGrath Pilates.
Alcoholism intervention or alcohol abuse intervention is the process whereby persons who care about the health and well-being of an addicted person come together to share their concerns about the addicted person’s behavior. A small percentage of people are able to recover from addiction on their own without the help of an alcoholism intervention. However, most addicted people need assistance.
Addiction can be defined as a compulsive need for and use of a substance that is …read more
David Chandler For the best Pilates for beginners company, call Cara McGrath Pilates. 2362.
Alcoholism is a disease in which drinkers have lost the ability to control their drinking, leading to physical and mental harm and loss of ability to behave in a socially acceptable manner. Alcoholism is a chronic, progressive, pathological condition that affects the nervous and digestive system, caused by the inability to stop drinking despite adverse consequences such as loss of job, family, and health. The disease is potentially fatal, however the most disturbing and debilitating part of alcoholism is the loss of self-respect, the possible job loss, and the toll it takes on the alcoholics family. There is also indication that there may be a genetic component with alcoholism.
The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence defines alcoholism as characterized by “impaired control over dinking…and distortions in thinking, most notably denial.” This means that for many alcoholics, they are unable to make a decision to stop drinking without the help of others.
Symptoms of the disease include but are not limited to sneaking drinks, lying about the amount consumed, irritability when alcohol is not available, mood swings, loss of appetite, a puffiness of the face, job loss and a high number of traffic tickets.
Family members need to develop an awareness of the disease and talk with the alcoholic. Most alcoholics are in denial and talking to the person about their disease can be very difficult. Choose a time when the person is sober. In addition, talking to the person after an alcoholic problem as occurred, such as a family argument, or a drunken driving ticket, for example, may be a good time to talk. Unfortunately waiting for a problem to occur from alcoholic behaviors can have serious consequences.
Family members coping with an alcoholic or addict can cause a great deal of stress in the family life. Therefore, there are support groups for Al-Alteen for children and teenagers. Al-Anon is for the spouse or loved one that has to cope with an alcoholic. These groups teach family members on how to cope with the alcoholic and process their emotions.
There are studies that want you to believe that alcoholism is not a disease. They are wrong. Alcoholism is a disease and while there is no cure, it is treatable. If it were not a disease, insurance companies would not pay for treatment.
1. Drink less. Avoid calorie-laden beverages like alcohol, egg nog,
peppermint lattes and hot chocolate. Permanently attach a bottle of water to
your hand from Thanksgiving until January 1st. One cocktail is fine. But keep in
mind, alcohol usually makes you less attractive, less articulate, less
responsible, and more likely to overeat. Cheers!
2. Bake less. One of the sneakiest ways calories creep up on us is via
the mixing bowl! Avoid volunteering to bake your famous snicker doodle
cheesecake and you’ll instantly cut down on unneeded stress and calories. read more